Allen Chandler, Jr., is a retired United States Army Lawyer (Judge Advocate) and Lieutenant Colonel (LTC), and has been in the practice of criminal and military law since 1984. His first jury trials were tried in the Republic of Korea, the Republic of Germany, and in the deserts of Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Kuwait during operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. He has been both a defense attorney with Trial Defense Services (TDS) and prosecutor (Trial Counsel) on several assignments. He was a Regional Defense Counsel for the largest of the 8 regions (Alaska, Hawaii, and the West Coast); Chief of Criminal Law in Korea (for 8th US Army and USFK); Deputy Director of the Defense Appellate Division (DAD); and ended his Government service as the Deputy Director of Criminal Law for the Army; briefing the media, Army Generals and members of Congress on significant military cases and changes in the law (including Abu Gharib and Guantanamo Bay).
Also in his more than 20 year military career, he was in charge of Claims at Fort Carson, Colorado (where he handled personnel and tort claims against the Army); Director of Foreign Claims at Fort Meade, Maryland (where he handled all claims against the United States Army world-wide and medical claims in the United States under the Military Claims Act, Foreign Claims Act, and Federal Tort Claims Act); and Director of the Implementation Force (IFOR) Claims office in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina (where he created the office and negotiated claims with 4 host countries and the 17 countries in IFOR).
After leaving the military, Attorney Chandler took the California Bar Exam and practiced Real Estate Law in California before returning to Texas to become an Assistant District Attorney with Dallas County (trying cases from theft to murder).
He is currently Of Counsel with the Law Office of Patrick J. McLain, PLLC, which is headquartered in Dallas, Texas where he represents Federal Workers (including military) denied claims and clearances, as well as Federal Workers at courts and boards throughout the United States. Mr. Chandler has handled expertly handled thousands of cases and represented and prosecuted virtually every crime imaginable. Attorney Chandler also has a separate criminal defense practice in Texas as well.
- Resident Command and General Staff College (Fort Leavenworth, KS) 1999
- The Judge Advocate Generals School (Charlottesville, VA) 1995 L.L.M.
- Gonzaga University School of Law (Spokane, WA) 1984 J.D.
- Saint John's University (Collegeville, MN) 1981 B.A.
- Instructor, Command and General Staff College (Fort Leavenworth, KS)
Past Employment Positions:
- President and Director of Legal Operations, Firearms Legal Protection, Nationwide offices, 2015 – 2018
- Assistant District Attorney, Dallas, Texas, 2011 – 2015
- Partner, Chandler Legal Group, Sacramento, California, 2009 – 2011
- Broker, Alpine Capital and Mortgage, 2005-2009
- Deputy Director, Criminal Law Division, Washington DC 2001-2004
- Deputy Director, Defense Appellate Division, Washington DC 1999-2001
- Teacher and Student, Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, KS 1998-1999
- Chief of Criminal Law, 8th US Army (Korea), 1997-1998
- Chief of Claims, Foreign Torts Branch, Fort Meade, MD, 1995-1997
- Student, The Judge Advocate General School Advanced Course, Charlottesville, VA, 1994-1995
- Chief of Claims, Fort Carson, CO, 1992-1994
- Senior Prosecutor, 5th Corps (German), 1991-1992
- Senior Prosecutor, Combat Aviation Brigade, Desert Shield/Storm (Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia), 1990-1991
- Senior Prosecutor, 3rd Armored Division (Germany), 1989-1990
- Defense Attorney, Trial Defense Service (Korea and Japan) 1987-1989
- Supply Officer (S-4), 175th Field Artillery (Germany) 1984-1987
- Legion of Merit Medal
- Bronze Star Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal, 5th Award
- Meritorious Service Medal, 4th Award
- Meritorious Service Medal, 3th Award
- Meritorious Service Medal, 2th Award
- Meritorious Service Medal, 1st Award
- Commendation Medal, Army 2nd
- Commendation Medal, Army 1st
- Achievement Medal, Army 1st
- Joint Service Achievement Medal
- Saudi Arabian-Kuwait Liberation Medal
- National Defense Service Ribbon 2nd
- National Defense Service Ribbon 1st
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Southwest Asia Service Medal with 3 Bronze Service Star (BSS)
- NATO Medal
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Supreme Court Bar Association
- State Bar of California Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas Bar Association
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Army Court of Criminal Appeals
- Veterans of Foreign Wars - Life Member
- National Rifle Association - Life Member
- American Legion